From AVObjects Knowledge Base
This page is a copy of the original page on the AVObjects' web site and can also be viewed here.
DirectShow filter for tracing (together with the log object) connections, positioning, data flow, etc.
The Spy filter is great tool for debugging your DirectShow application.
DirectShow filter to check connection properties, track interface calls and get information about DirectShow media samples.
1. Download and install Spy Filter.
2. Insert Spy filter into the DirectShow graph between the filters of interest (connect the input and output pins).
3. Run, stop and close DirectShow graph.
4. Check the log file created by Spy filter with the Log object.
- Log Object - Log object for logging the parameters of the DS graph.
- Video Generator - DirectShow filter for generating a video stream with the required parameters and a synchronized audio stream
- Download Spy Filter