Spy & Log
Log object and Spy filter for logging the parameters of the DS graph.
The Log object and Spy filter are great tools for debugging your DirectShow application.
1. Download Log Object and unzip log_object.<version>.zip to some catalog.
2. Run register.bat. Please, set check box in "Make this copy..." - shown on Log_register.gif. Also - don't forget name of selected catalog for save log file.
3. Run your application or graph.
4. Zip the log file and send it to us or upload to our FTP.
- Only debug version of our filters will write the log file. Please make sure a debug version is registered.
- Please remember to unregister the log object after use. Log files can be VERY large (up to hundreds of GB) if the option “Add new log to the end of the old file” is selected (default option).
You can find path to log file in next registry key:
This key has subkey with path to log.dll. This subkey has parameter "Log" with value: path to log file.
DirectShow filter to check connection properties, track interface calls and get information about DirectShow media samples.
1. Download and install Spy Filter.
2. Insert Spy filter into the DirectShow graph between the filters of interest (connect the input and output pins).
3. Run, stop and close DirectShow graph.
4. Check the log file created by Spy filter with the Log object.